The Tobacco Control Coalition is currently undergoing a rebranding and is now known as the Greater Sacramento Smoke & Tobacco Free Coalition. We look forward to sharing exciting updates with you soon! In the meantime, if you have any questions, feel free to contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (916) 875-5869.
The Sacramento County Tobacco Control Coalition (TCC) is a standing committee of the Sacramento County Public Health Advisory Board (PHAB). PHAB functions as an official advisory council to the Board of Supervisors and the Sacramento County Department of Health Services.
The mission of the TCC is to transform Sacramento County to a tobacco-free society in the 21st Century. To accomplish this, the TCC will provide education, coordination, advocacy, and support of tobacco control activities in the community and oversee the development, implementation, and evaluation of the Sacramento County Tobacco Control Plan.
- Serves as an oversight committee for tobacco control in Sacramento County
- Provides members with opportunities to collaborate
- Provides forum for public participation and community education
- Promotes a tobacco-free community by providing education, coordination, advocacy, and support of tobacco control activities
- Advocates for and promotes policy changes which support tobacco-free schools; workplaces; events; community networks; and in general, a smoke, tobacco, and vape-free environment
- Conducts community inventories and assessments of tobacco related activities
Provides expertise and technical assistance
- Holds an annual awards event to recognize successful community tobacco control leaders
Visit the Tobacco Control Coalition (TCC) Facebook page.
Membership/How to Join
The Coalition welcomes all individuals and organizations interested in tobacco control activities within Sacramento County. Membership is made up of committed individuals concerned about the negative effects of tobacco. Members are recruited from all types of agencies and the community at large. The TCC includes community representatives of agencies, schools, community-based organizations, major racial/ethnic groups within the local health jurisdiction, and individuals with special interest or expertise in tobacco control.
Become a TCC member today! If you are interested in joining the TCC, please fill out the New Membership Form (provided in the previous link and located on the right side panel) and either mail, fax, or email the completed form to the address, phone number, or email listed on the bottom of the application. For more information, call (916) 875-5869.
Tobacco Control Coalition Meeting Schedule 2021
The TCC has various subcommittees which address specific issues relating to tobacco control. Anyone is welcome and encouraged to participate in subcommittee meetings and activities. Current subcommittees include:
- Policy Taskforce
- Youth and Young Adult (YYA) Subcommittee
- Cessation Taskforce
- Equity and Diversity Subcommittee
Subcommittee meeting times and locations vary. Call the Tobacco Education Program at (916) 875-5869 for upcoming subcommittee meeting dates.