Closed to the Public Until Further Notice
Sacramento County Vital Records
7001 A East Parkway Suite 650
Sacramento, CA 95823 | Map
Telephone: (916) 875-5345
Hours of Operation
Regular Hours: Monday - Friday from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Closures: Our office is closed on County holidays. We close early at 3:00 pm on the workdays before December 25th and December 31st and on four additional Fridays for staff development and training. Please call our office to verify office hours.
Sacramento County Vital Records strives to provide timely and accurate services to meet the needs of the public while being in compliance with statutory requirements. Vital Records performs the following functions for all births and deaths occurring in the County:
Vital Records coordinates with the County Coroner, local funeral homes, hospitals, and other agencies to complete these functions.
Vital Records also issues Medical Marijuana Identification Cards for County residents.
Our office accepts cash, checks, and credit/debit cards* in person. Check or money order payments only via mail.
Certified Birth Certificate $28.00
Government Birth Certificate $19.00
Certified Death Certificate $21.00
Government Death Certificate $21.00
Certified Fetal Death Certificate $18.00
Disposition Permit $12.00
Cross-File Permit $16.00
- A fee is charged for all credit/debit card transactions. Credit: 2.29% (minimum $1.95). Debit: $1.95
- Credit/debit cards must have your first and last name.
- Preferred and Valued Customer cards are not accepted.
- Third party credit/debit cards and checks are not accepted; must list applicant's name.
Under the supervision of the County Health Officer, Sacramento County Vital Records mandates serve to achieve the following:
- Establish permanent records legally recognized as prima facie evidence of fact in courts
- Reduce fraud by reporting information on births and deaths to other governmental agencies
- Promote the health of our citizens by studying statistical data for health evaluation and planning
In coordination with the Epidemiology Unit, Vital Records routinely provides vital statistics to the Sacramento County Child Death Review Team and Fetal Infant Mortality Review Team to ensure that all child abuse and neglect deaths are identified and that multi-agency review of fetal-infant mortality is performed.
Sacramento County Vital Records is self-funding, existing entirely from revenues generated from user fees for Vital Records services. Fee schedules are determined by state and local legislation. Our fees contribute to programs that support the health and well-being of our community, including the following:
A portion of the fees that are collected are also shared with the State Office of Vital Records for their operations. All other revenues are exclusively used to support Sacramento County Vital Records operations and improvement.