The Sacramento County Child Health and Disability Prevention (CHDP) Program coordinates the Vision Screening Training for CHDP Medical Providers. By the end of the Vision Screening Training, participants will be able to:
- Understand the basic anatomy of the eye and the pathway of vision
- Understand the importance of vision screening
- Recognize common vision disorders in children
- Identify the steps of vision screening
- Describe and implement the CHDP guidelines for referral and follow-up
- Properly document on CHDP care coordination form vision screening results, referrals and follow-up
For information about the next scheduled Vision Screening Training, please call (916) 875-7151.