As a WIC participant, you will have the opportunity to learn about nutrition, breastfeeding
and healthy eating through online WIC classes that you can complete at your convenience. For busy families, this can mean fewer
trips to the WIC office.
If you were offered online education at a recent appointment, follow these
simple directions to complete your class.
1. Go to the website WICHealth.org
2. If you are new to WICHealth online classes, select the option "Start Here"
3. Follow the directions to Create a New Account and set up your profile using the following information:
- WIC Agency: Sacramento County
- Clinic: This is where you fill in the name of your clinic (for example, Grand Avenue or Oak Park)
- Family ID: This is the number that was assigned to you when you enrolled (Note: This number is different than your WIC Card number, if you are unsure of your family ID call us at 916-876-5000 to obtain your ID number.)
4. Choose and complete a lesson from one of the five categories. (Note: In most cases you may select any class of interest to you. If WIC staff instructed you to complete Understanding your Newborn: Sleep, Crying and Cues or Understanding your Baby's Cues classes, these classes offer specific information that is important for before or after your baby arrives. Be sure to complete these classes if instructed to do so.)
5. Fill out the survey. In the box for WIC client, be sure to type your name,
not your child's name.