Health Care for the Homeless Program – Nurses provide health assessments and triage for individuals in Friendship Park and some local shelters. They can assist individuals with health education, healthcare enrollment, and linkage to assigned provider. TB clearance is offered to individuals staying at designated shelters.
- Health screening and triage to immediate care including transportation vouchers.
- Provided at Mercy Clinic Loaves and Fishes (MCLF), Friendship Park, El Hogar Guest House, and various shelter locations.
- Health outreach and linkage to assigned medical home.
- Provided at MCLF, Friendship Park, El Hogar Guest House, and various shelter locations.
- TB screening/clearance for individuals seeking shelter at designated sites.
- Provided at MCLF Monday through Friday 8am-2pm.
- Primary Care including health and behavioral health assessment and care, preventative care, immunizations, lab, x-ray, pharmacy services, and enabling services such as assistance with obtaining health care coverage, transportation vouchers and special needs follow up.
- Provided at the Sacramento County Health Center located at 4600 Broadway (corner of Stockton and Broadway).
Key partnerships that enhance these services include Dignity Health, Loaves and Fishes, University of California Departments of Internal Medicine, Psychiatry, and Nursing.
The Federal definition of homeless is broad. It includes those staying in shelters, hotels, transitional housing, supported housing, and anyone temporarily living with friends or family.
Locations and Hours of Operation:
Sacramento County Health Center
Sacramento, CA 95820
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Mercy Loaves and Fishes
1321 North C Street
Sacramento, CA 95811
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.