The Medical and Health Operational Area Coordinator program is part of the State of California Disaster Medical Response Plan. The plan is designed to facilitate communication, situational awareness, and assistance across operational areas within Region 4 of the California Medical/Health Mutual Aid System.
The Sacramento County Emergency Medical and Health Operational Area Coordinator (MHOAC) is committed to protecting and safeguarding the residents of Sacramento County. Communication and early notification are key components to successfully manage any large scale emergency. The system is intended to aid hospitals, Emergency Medical Services (EMS) providers, skilled nursing facilities, laboratories, physician offices, veterinary facilities, and others.
If you represent an organization that is in need of assistance due to an emergency or disaster, the information below will assist you in contacting the MHOAC for guidance and assistance.
For an immediate life-threatening emergency, dial 911 first. When safe to do so contact the MHOAC, if needed, for further assistance.
24-hour access: 916-208-5985 or 916-875-6900 - Ask for the MHOAC or the EMS Agency Duty Officer
General inquiries about the program can be directed to the Sacramento County Emergency Medical Services Agency at 916-875-9753 or SCEMSAInfo@saccounty.net
New Resource Request
Resource Requests are currently being filled for immediate need
- You must attempt to
purchase supplies through a vendor prior to submitting a resource request
AND upload proof of an attempt to order (e.g. order summary showing
unavailable or backorder)
The Sacramento County
MHOAC Supply warehouse is no longer operating.
must create an account with CalOES Salesforce System located HERE.
must complete EVERY SECTION of the form or your order will be rejected.
submit one request at a time and include each requested item as their
own line item.
REGARDLESS OF WHAT
ORGANIZATION YOU REPRESENT, YOU MUST REGISTER YOUR "ENTITY TYPE"
AS NON-GOVERNMENTAL AND THE "NON-GOVERNMENTAL ENTITY TYPE" AS
HEALTH CARE FACILITY. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A FACILITY ID, ENTER NA or 0.
- A tutorial on how to create an
account can be viewed here - Portal Self Registration.mp4
- For technical assistance
- EMS Duty Officer cannot
assist with account issues.
- Account approval can take up to
- If you are a central supply
entity, each location you supply MUST have their own account.
Once your account is approved, you can log in and request
Recommendations for Medical-Health Resource Requests:
Priority of Requests:
- “Emergent" requests should only be used for situations when a requestor will have to stop or severely limit services if the resource is not fulfilled within 12 hours.
- “Sustainment" requests are, in general, not being filled unless there is substantial evidence that the requestor is unable to obtain the resource via other means and ultimately leading to an immediate need.
PPE resource requests should include the following information:
- “Describe Mission/Tasks"
- How long are requested quantities expected to last?
- How will the PPE be used (clinical care, support services, etc.)?
- How many persons is the PPE for?
- “Actions Taken On This Request So Far"
- What is the current burn rate for the PPE you are requesting?
- How much of the requested PPE do you currently have on-hand?
- What actions has your organization taken to procure the requested PPE on its own?
- Requestor may be asked to provide proof of inability to order from MORE than 1 vendor
The following are
generally NOT appropriate justifications, by themselves, for elevating a
- Cost of PPE
- Suspected price gouging should be reported to state
and federal authorities
or allocations from usual vendors
- Unexpected delays from normal distributors may result
in an immediate need that needs to be addressed
- Providers experiencing backorders and allocations from
normal vendors are expected to search for new vendors that can meet their
needs to sustain their operations
- Vetted suppliers of PPE are listed at:
- Numerous other new vendors of PPE can easily be found
by searching the internet
- Providers are expected to use alternate product styles
that are available from commercial vendors
- If requesting resources from the region and state, the
provider should be prepared to accept alternate styles than their normal
- If no alternates are
appropriate, the requestor should provide clinical or regulatory reasons
why they are unable to use alternates
Once you have submitted the resource request, your order will show approved in your account. It will then be shipped to you via UPS.
SitRep Form: MANDATORY for COVID-19 Requests. Click on the link and complete the online form. It will be automatically sent to the MHOAC at MHOAC@saccounty.net.
Health Facility Status Report: Click on the link and save the document to your computer. Complete the document and email it to MHOAC@saccounty.net.