INSTRUCTIONS FOR MICN CERTIFICATION RENEWAL
1. Visit https://actonline.saccounty.net and register as a new user. Once the account is established, log in and apply for a certification. Online application instructions found here. If you have difficulties logging in, please call our office or the Sacramento County Help Desk (916) 874-5555 for assistance. DO NOT create a new account if you have previously created one to do an application.
2. Provide evidence of a current Registered Nurse License.
3. Government issued photo identification (i.e. Driver's license, Passport or Military ID).
4. Copy (front and back) of a valid American Heart Association Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) card or equivalent.
5. Copy (front and back) of a valid American Heart Association Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) card or equivalent.
6. Provide proof of completion of 12 hours of continuing education in SCEMSA approved classes. Obtain a minimum of eight (8) hours of instructor based credit of prehospital focused education. Prehospital education may be fulfilled by the following means:
a. Run Reviews or prehospital focused education courses
b. SCEMSA Policy, Protocol, and Procedure Update classes
c. Provide proof of completion of an Advanced Life Support (ALS) emergency response vehicle observation experience consisting of direct observation of at least four (4) hours, which must include at least two (2) patient contacts in which the patient is assessed. If two (2) patient contacts are not completed, two (2) ALS scenarios will be conducted by the paramedic within the four (4) hour observation period. The ALS emergency response vehicle observation experience shall be completed with a ground-based SCEMSA designated ALS provider operating within the 9-1-1 response system.
7. Have your employment verified by your chosen employer (an email will be sent to your employer in which they need to respond to in order to verify your current employment).
8. A “passport style" color photo of yourself. One can be taken for you in the office during counter hours if needed.
9. Pay the required fees.
*If your certification has lapsed you will be required to provide all of the above AND one (1) additional hour of continuing education for each month you have been expired. One day expired will be considered into the next month and you will need to provide one (1) additional hour plus additional hours for each month expired after that.
**Once the above has been submitted and employment has been verified, you will receive an email from Sacramento County confirming your application has been received. Please allow 1-2 weeks for your application to be processed. If you need assistance with your application, please bring all documentation to our office during counter hours and we will assist you.
Cost for MICN Certification Renewal
- $37.57 SCEMSA application fee (Non-refundable)
- $30.00 Late fee (within 30 days of expiration)
- $30.00 Expedited Processing fee (if requested)
MICN Certification Forms: