INTRUCTIONS FOR EMR CERTIFICATION REINSTATEMENT - SIX (6) TO TWELVE (12) MONTHS LAPSE
To reinstate certification as an EMR by Sacramento County, the applicant must complete and submit the following:
Go online at https://actonline.saccounty.net and apply. Online application instructions found here.
Please upload the following:
- Expired EMR Certification issued in Sacramento County.
- Successful completion of a twelve (12) hour refresher course from an approved EMR training program, and twelve (12) hours of continuing education, within the twenty-four (24) months prior to applying for renewal OR;
(a) Twenty-four (24) hours of continuing education, within the twenty-four (24) months prior to applying for recertification/reinstatement, from an approved CE provider.
- Skills competency verification form, with original signatures.
- Government issued photo identification.
- Current CPR for the Healthcare Provider card or equivalent.
- Supplemental Certification Application (if prior convictions) and all documents that pertain to prior conviction(s)
- Pay the required fees.
If assistance is needed with the online process, bring all documents in person to:
County Emergency Medical Services Agency (SCEMSA)
Micron Avenue, Suite 960
We will assist with online registration/application and uploading documents.
Cost for EMR Renewal/Reinstatement
- $25.00 SCEMSA application fee (Non-refundable)
- $30.00 Late fee (within 30 days of expiration)
- $30.00 Expedited Processing fee (if requested)
Fees may be paid by credit card online or with exact cash at the SCEMSA office.